hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Getting to work with HBase
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:00:52 GMT
If you can use the Java API, you should use that. It has the most
functionality and the least overhead.

HQL is only meant to be used for administrative purposes, like
managing tables. Aside from the fact that there's no good way to hook
an application up to HQL, there isn't as much flexibility in the HQL
API.

-Bryan