hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Li" <annndy....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception when running HBase from Hadoop 0.16 package - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:22:21 GMT
Sorry, I forgot to copy/paste the stack trace.

Here is what I get by running ./bin/hadoop jar XXXXXXX
On the region server, I get the same following exception in the syslog form
the userlog.
========== COPY/PASTE STARTS HERE ===========
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(
Configuration.java:587)
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java
:605)
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java
:631)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.getReducerClass(JobConf.java
:788)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:250)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java
:2071)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
        ... 8 more
========== COPY/PASTE ENDS HERE ===========