hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: problem connecting to Hbase for distributed operation
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:18:32 GMT
Whats the error?  Is it trying to connect to localhost or what you've
specified in hbase.master?  Did you 'refresh' your project after the
hbase-site.xml changes?  Is the ${HBASE_HOME}/conf in your eclipse
CLASSPATH?

Hope this helps,
St.Ack

Prasan Ary wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I am using Java on Eclipse to connect to Hbase running on Hadoop 0.16.
>
>   When Hbase is configured for standalone mode I have no problem connecting to it. But
when I switch to distributed mode  and change the  ${HBASE_HOME}/conf/hbase-site.xml  file
to specify location of  <name> hbase.master </name> , my java program fails to
connect to hbase. But at this point,however,  I can run HQL queries on Hbase through the web-interface.
 Any idea why Java fails to connect to hbase for distributed configuration ?