hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hadoop QA (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-15805) Canary test timesout if there is failed\shutdown zookeeper node in a quorum
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 12:32:13 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15805?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15276303#comment-15276303
] 

Hadoop QA commented on HBASE-15805:
-----------------------------------

| (x) *{color:red}-1 overall{color}* |
\\
\\
|| Vote || Subsystem || Runtime || Comment ||
| {color:red}-1{color} | {color:red} patch {color} | {color:red} 0m 3s {color} | {color:red}
HBASE-15805 does not apply to master. Rebase required? Wrong Branch? See https://yetus.apache.org/documentation/0.2.1/precommit-patchnames
for help. {color} |
\\
\\
|| Subsystem || Report/Notes ||
| JIRA Patch URL | https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12802976/HBASE-15805_0.98.patch
|
| JIRA Issue | HBASE-15805 |
| Console output | https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/1838/console |
| Powered by | Apache Yetus 0.2.1   http://yetus.apache.org |


This message was automatically generated.



> Canary test timesout if there is failed\shutdown zookeeper node in a quorum
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-15805
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15805
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: canary
>    Affects Versions: 0.98.20
>            Reporter: Vishal Khandelwal
>             Fix For: 0.98.20
>
>         Attachments: HBASE-15805_0.98.patch
>
>
> Canary tools creates HBaseadmin object which which starts a thread to keep pinging zookeeper
on a regular interval. This cause delay when one of the node in zookeeper is down and test
timeouts.
> Canary tool is creating HBaseadmin whose isEnabled and tableExists calls  starts a catalog
tacker --> retries for zookeeper connection. This zookeeper (6s) retry happens for multiple
times for scanning 390+ region it is causing lot of sleeps. By removing the failed zookeeper
from the test it actually took not more than 9 sec where it was taking almost 8 mins. Since
"sniff" calls each table one by one thus causes the delay in the test.
> {code}
> 2016-04-29 09:52:13 [Thread-6-SendThread()] DEBUG zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO(203):
Ignoring exception during shutdown input
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:123)
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:157)
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:163)
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:401)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:200)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1246)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanAndNotifyState(ClientCnxn.java:1236)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1169)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:782)
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:399)
> ... 4 more
> 2016-04-29 09:52:13 [Thread-6-SendThread()] DEBUG zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO(210):
Ignoring exception during shutdown output
> java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateToSocketException(Net.java:123)
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:157)
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.translateException(Net.java:163)
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:409)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.cleanup(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:207)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:1246)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanAndNotifyState(ClientCnxn.java:1236)
> at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1169)
> Caused by: java.nio.channels.NotYetConnectedException
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:799)
> at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:407)
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message