hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sean Busbey (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-15698) Increment TimeRange not serialized to server
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 17:32:12 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15698?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15302537#comment-15302537
] 

Sean Busbey commented on HBASE-15698:
-------------------------------------

Ted. If you're going to email me out of band in an attempt to be polite about these things,
please try to wait more than ~11 hours for a response before you go ahead and call things
out publicly. I don't know what time zone you're in, but your message came in last night well
after I had stopped doing software related stuff and this update was posted before I had started
my day. It's poor form.

As I mentioned in my email reply to you, I am currently figuring out why our tests do not
fail due to the glaring gap on time ranges Sergey pointed out. IMHO, it points to a lack in
our overall test approach and we need to figure out if this is an isolated problem or if there's
a wider gap between our RPC handling dependent on codec selection.

Please do attach your patch for reference; I'm happy to have additional authors on the patch
that eventually goes in.

> Increment TimeRange not serialized to server
> --------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-15698
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15698
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.0, 1.3.0
>            Reporter: James Taylor
>            Assignee: Sean Busbey
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: phoenix
>             Fix For: 1.3.0, 1.0.4, 1.2.2, 0.98.20, 1.1.6
>
>         Attachments: HBASE-15698.1.patch
>
>
> Before HBase-1.2, the Increment TimeRange set on the client was serialized over to the
server. As of HBase 1.2, this appears to no longer be true, as my preIncrement coprocessor
always gets HConstants.LATEST_TIMESTAMP as the value of increment.getTimeRange().getMax()
regardless of what the client has specified.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message