hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hudson (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-13532) Make UnknownScannerException logging less scary
Date Sat, 14 May 2016 06:23:13 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13532?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15283446#comment-15283446
] 

Hudson commented on HBASE-13532:
--------------------------------

SUCCESS: Integrated in HBase-1.4 #152 (See [https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-1.4/152/])
HBASE-13532 Make UnknownScannerException less scary by giving more (matteo.bertozzi: rev 92f415976e2fb65002b793d44fcb48db8cdd4265)
* hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/RSRpcServices.java


> Make UnknownScannerException logging less scary
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-13532
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13532
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Appy
>            Assignee: Appy
>            Priority: Trivial
>             Fix For: 2.0.0, 1.3.0, 1.2.2, 1.1.6
>
>         Attachments: HBASE-13532-branch-1.patch, HBASE-13532-master.patch, HBASE-13532.patch
>
>
> A customer reported seeing client-side UnknownScannerExceptions after an HBase upgrade/restart.
Restarting a RS will expire leases on the server side. So, given that there was no actual
problem and everything was working as it should, reworking this exception for more appropriate
logging.
> {code}
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException:
Name: 10092964, already closed? 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.scan(HRegionServer.java:3043) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:29497)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2012) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:98) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler.consumerLoop(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:160)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler.access$000(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:38)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler$1.run(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:110)

> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724) 
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) 
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.instantiateException(RemoteException.java:106)

> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteException.java:95)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.getRemoteException(ProtobufUtil.java:284)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.close(ScannerCallable.java:287) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:153) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.call(ScannerCallable.java:57) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:114)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:90)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.close(ClientScanner.java:431) 
> at com.squareup.moco.persistence.TransactionTable.scan(TransactionTable.java:207) 
> at com.squareup.moco.persistence.TransactionTable$$EnhancerByGuice$$a12c1766.CGLIB$scan$9(<generated>)

> at com.squareup.moco.persistence.TransactionTable$$EnhancerByGuice$$a12c1766$$FastClassByGuice$$606c8773.invoke(<generated>)

> at com.google.inject.internal.cglib.proxy.$MethodProxy.invokeSuper(MethodProxy.java:228)

> at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75)

> at com.squareup.common.metrics.TimedHistogramInterceptor.invoke(TimedHistogramInterceptor.java:29)

> at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75)

> at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.intercept(InterceptorStackCallback.java:55)

> at com.squareup.moco.persistence.TransactionTable$$EnhancerByGuice$$a12c1766.scan(<generated>)

> at com.squareup.moco.persistence.TransactionTable$1.run(TransactionTable.java:180) 
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) 
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) 
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) 
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) 
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) 
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724) 
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RemoteWithExtrasException(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException):
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: 10092964, already closed? 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.scan(HRegionServer.java:3043) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:29497)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2012) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:98) 
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler.consumerLoop(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:160)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler.access$000(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:38)

> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SimpleRpcScheduler$1.run(SimpleRpcScheduler.java:110)

> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message