hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Cosmin Lehene (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (HBASE-3464) dns.interface property causes malformed parsing for 'lo'
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 15:31:35 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3464?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Cosmin Lehene updated HBASE-3464:
---------------------------------
    Labels: delete  (was: )

> dns.interface property causes malformed parsing for 'lo'
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-3464
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3464
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: master, regionserver
>         Environment: An EC2 m1.large node running Ubuntu 9.  HDFS + HBASE 0.90.0 running
in a single JVM.
>            Reporter: James Kennedy
>              Labels: delete
>
> I have a seed application that is executed via maven and runs a
> single JVM ApplicationStarter that starts up hdfs, regionserver, hmaster
> threads. It does some seeding then shuts those down in reverse order.
> So this isn't a typical way of running hbase to be sure. However it has
> always worked until I upgraded to HBase 0.90.0.
> I didn't notice it when I was originally testing 0.90.0 because it only
> seems to be happening on our EC2.small build server node when I run this
> particular seeder.
> Running the same thing locally on my mac works.
> Attached is the error output starting from when the HRegionServer.stop() is
> called to when HMaster.shutdown() is called and it starts looping forever in
> letRegionServersShutdown().
> It looks like RegionServerTracker is getting to "RegionServer ephemeral node
> deleted, processing expiration" but then because it can't get the
> HServerInfo it doesn't follow-through with actually expiring it.
> The reason it can't get the HServerInfo is because it is looking for "localhost." instead
of "localhost".
> My /etc/hosts file was vanilla. But when I removed the following form hbase-site.xml:
> <property>
>        <name>hbase.master.dns.interface</name>
>        <value>lo</value>
> </property>
> <property>
>       <name>hbase.regionserver.dns.interface</name>
>       <value>lo</value>
> </property>
> The issue went away.
> So something about the "lo" interface isn't getting parsed right on that particular machine
(An EC2 M.small running Ubuntu 9).



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message