hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Anoop Sam John (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-11805) KeyValue to Cell Convert in WALEdit APIs
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 08:15:29 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11805?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14126739#comment-14126739

Anoop Sam John commented on HBASE-11805:

Reading the Phoenix code, I think I got the issue.  
WALEdit edit = miniBatchOp.getWalEdit(i);
      // we don't have a WALEdit for immutable index cases, which still see this path
      // we could check is indexing is enable for the mutation in prePut and then just skip
      // after checking here, but this saves us the checking again.
      if (edit != null) {
        KeyValue kv = edit.getKeyValues().get(0);
        if (kv == BATCH_MARKER) {
          // remove batch marker from the WALEdit
BATCH_MARKER is a KV with null bytes.   This removal wont happen now as we return a new ArrayList
from WALEdit#getKeyValues()
Thinking abt how we can solve.

> KeyValue to Cell Convert in WALEdit APIs
> ----------------------------------------
>                 Key: HBASE-11805
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11805
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: wal
>            Reporter: Anoop Sam John
>            Assignee: Anoop Sam John
>             Fix For: 0.99.0, 2.0.0, 0.98.7
>         Attachments: HBASE-11805.patch, HBASE-11805_0.98.patch, HBASE-11805_0.98_V2.patch,
HBASE-11805_0.99.patch, HBASE-11805_V2.patch, HBASE-11805_V3.patch
> In almost all other main interface class/APIs we have changed KeyValue to Cell. But missing
in WALEdit. This is public marked for Replication (Well it should be for CP also) 
> These 2 APIs deal with KVs
> add(KeyValue kv)
> ArrayList<KeyValue> getKeyValues()
> Suggest deprecate them and add for 0.98
> add(Cell kv) 
> List<Cell> getCells()
> And just replace from 1.0

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message