hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ramkrishna.s.vasudevan (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (HBASE-11728) Some data miss when scan using PREFIX_TREE DATA-BLOCK-ENCODING
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:31:18 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11728?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

ramkrishna.s.vasudevan updated HBASE-11728:
-------------------------------------------

    Attachment: HBASE-11728_1.patch

This patch seems to solve the issue. All test cases related to prefix tree and encoding passes
with this patch. Will anyway run test suite too.

The idea behind this patch is that when we ever we are doing a next() after previous() we
track that this next is called after previous() by having an instance variable moveToPrevious
in the PrefixTreeSeeker.  
So on this condition while doing next, if the node is not having fanout, it is not right to
just discard the current node, instead try to track the already formed nodes from the next
fan index.  
But the condition is that the next fan index should be same as that of the current node's
fan index, if not we can just discard the node as done previously.
[~mcorgan]
What do you think of this patch?

> Some data miss when scan using PREFIX_TREE DATA-BLOCK-ENCODING
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-11728
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11728
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Scanners
>    Affects Versions: 0.96.1.1, 0.98.4
>         Environment: ubuntu12 
> hadoop-2.2.0
> Hbase-0.96.1.1
> SUN-JDK(1.7.0_06-b24)
>            Reporter: wuchengzhi
>            Assignee: ramkrishna.s.vasudevan
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 0.99.0, 2.0.0, 0.98.6
>
>         Attachments: 29cb562fad564b468ea9d61a2d60e8b0, HBASE-11728.patch, HBASE-11728_1.patch,
HFileAnalys.java, TestPrefixTree.java
>
>   Original Estimate: 72h
>  Remaining Estimate: 72h
>
> In Scan case, i prepare some data as beflow:
> Table Desc (Using the prefix-tree encoding) :
> 'prefix_tree_test', {NAME => 'cf_1', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'PREFIX_TREE', TTL
=> '15552000'}
> and i put 5 rows as:
> (RowKey , Qualifier, Value)
> 'a-b-0-0', 'qf_1', 'c1-value'
> 'a-b-A-1', 'qf_1', 'c1-value'
> 'a-b-A-1-1402329600-1402396277', 'qf_2', 'c2-value'
> 'a-b-A-1-1402397227-1402415999', 'qf_2', 'c2-value-2'
> 'a-b-B-2-1402397300-1402416535', 'qf_2', 'c2-value-3'
> so i try to scan the rowKey between 'a-b-A-1' and 'a-b-A-1:' , i and got the corret result:
> Test 1: 
> Scan scan = new Scan();
> scan.setStartRow("a-b-A-1".getBytes());
> scan.setStopRow("a-b-A-1:".getBytes());
> ------------------------------------------------------
> 'a-b-A-1', 'qf_1', 'c1-value'
> 'a-b-A-1-1402329600-1402396277', 'qf_2', 'c2-value'
> 'a-b-A-1-1402397227-1402415999', 'qf_2', 'c2-value-2'
> and then i try next , scan to addColumn
> Test2:
> Scan scan = new Scan();
> scan.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("cf_1") ,  Bytes.toBytes("qf_2"));
> scan.setStartRow("a-b-A-1".getBytes());
> scan.setStopRow("a-b-A-1:".getBytes());
> ----------------------------------------------
> except:
> 'a-b-A-1-1402329600-1402396277', 'qf_2', 'c2-value'
> 'a-b-A-1-1402397227-1402415999', 'qf_2', 'c2-value-2'
> but actually i got nonthing. Then i update the addColumn for scan.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("cf_1")
,  Bytes.toBytes("qf_1")); and i got the expected result 'a-b-A-1', 'qf_1', 'c1-value' as
well.
> then i do more testing...  i update the case to modify the startRow greater than the
'a-b-A-1' 
> Test3:
> Scan scan = new Scan();
> scan.setStartRow("a-b-A-1-".getBytes());
> scan.setStopRow("a-b-A-1:".getBytes());
> ------------------------------------------------------
> except:
> 'a-b-A-1-1402329600-1402396277', 'qf_2', 'c2-value'
> 'a-b-A-1-1402397227-1402415999', 'qf_2', 'c2-value-2'
> but actually  i got nothing again. i modify the start row greater than 'a-b-A-1-1402329600-1402396277'
> Scan scan = new Scan();
> scan.setStartRow("a-b-A-1-140239".getBytes());
> scan.setStopRow("a-b-A-1:".getBytes());
> and i got the expect row as well:
> 'a-b-A-1-1402397227-1402415999', 'qf_2', 'c2-value-2'
> So, i think it may be a bug in the prefix-tree encoding.It happens after the data flush
to the storefile, and it's ok when the data in mem-store.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

Mime
View raw message