hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Arun Allamsetty (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (HBASE-11451) HBase MapReduce job loads configuration (hbase-site.xml), but actually doesn't use the values read.
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:44:24 GMT
Arun Allamsetty created HBASE-11451:

             Summary: HBase MapReduce job loads configuration (hbase-site.xml), but actually
doesn't use the values read.
                 Key: HBASE-11451
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11451
             Project: HBase
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: mapreduce
    Affects Versions:
         Environment: Linux Debain 7.4 "Wheezy"
            Reporter: Arun Allamsetty

I am writing a MapReduce job which reads from (a) HBase table(s). Almost everything works
as it is supposed to except the {{Configuration}} class. So I did this,

Configuration config = HBaseConfiguration.create();
GenericOptionsParser parser = new GenericOptionsParser(config, args);
// This should work but is not working.
config.addResource(new Path(parser.getCommandLine().getOptionValue("conf", DEFAULT_HBASE_CONF)));

When I run the job like this (passing the path to `hbase-site.xml` correctly), I get this

14/06/30 23:02:30 WARN zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error,
closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:735)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1075)
    14/06/30 23:02:30 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server localhost/
Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)

But when I add the following two lines, it works like a charm (even though it seems completely

// So these are the workarounds.
config.set("hbase.rootdir", config.get("hbase.rootdir"));
config.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", config.get("hbase.zookeeper.quorum"));

Basically, read the parameters back from the {{Configuration}} object and set them back in
the same object, which is bonkers.

I read a bug raised about it [HBASE-11066|https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11066],
but it seems to have been closed citing local configuration problem (I think not). I use CDH
5.0.2 with HBase 

I don't know if it is an issue with the Cloudera build or the general one. Please let me know
if you need any more details.

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message