hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "stack (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-7904) Make mapreduce jobs pass based on 2.0.4-alpha
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 21:59:17 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7904?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13619229#comment-13619229
] 

stack commented on HBASE-7904:
------------------------------

bq. Do you happen to know what this incompatibility was (and against which version) ?
[~sseth]

No.  This issue started out as an incompability issue (see original [~ted_yu] comments at
head of issue) and then ended w/ some configuration manipulations that seem gratiuitous. 
I ask the author what fixed the issue and I get that they "think" the config. manipulations
are all that is necessary.  I have spent a bunch of time trying to follow what is going on
here, but gave up, and +1'd it as a means of putting the issue behind us since the patch seemed
relatively harmless.

bq. As an example, can TestTableMapReduce run in parallel with TestHFileOutputFormat ?, or
can multiple tests within TestTableMapReduce run in parallel, or something else.

Yes, hbase tests can be run in parallel: e.g. TestTableMapReduce and TestHFileOutputFormat
run at same time.  Our surefire runs our test suite by firing off N JVMs each running a distinct,
long-running test.

What we do not do is set up a mini mr cluster and then run many unit tests against.

bq. I exchanged a few emails with Nicolas who was the author of CompoundConfiguration.

[~ted_yu] And you say nothing in here about it?  Why do it in private?  They call it open
source for a reason.

Suggest we revert this patch.  Seems broke that CPs see another config. because "Chane to
HRegion to not use a 'CompoundConfiguration' when talking to HDFS, due to the inability to
change the RPC engine with CompoundConfiguration. (Causes several *SecureLoad tests to hang)"
according to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-449 (a conclusion that is absent here).


                
> Make mapreduce jobs pass based on 2.0.4-alpha
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-7904
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7904
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Task
>            Reporter: Ted Yu
>            Assignee: Ted Yu
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 0.95.0, 0.98.0
>
>         Attachments: 7904-addendum.txt, 7904.txt, 7904-v2-hadoop-2.0.txt, 7904-v2.txt,
7904-v4-hadoop-2.0.txt, 7904-v4.txt, 7904-v4.txt, 7904-v5-hadoop-2.0.txt, 7904-v5.txt, 7904-v6-hadoop-2.0.txt,
7904-v7-hadoop-2.0.txt, 7904-v8-hadoop-2.0.txt, 7904-v8.txt, 7904-v9-hadoop-2.0.txt, 7904-v9.txt,
hbase-7904-v3.txt
>
>
> 2.0.3-alpha has been released.
> We should upgrade the dependency.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message