hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jonathan Hsieh (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (HBASE-7651) RegionServerSnapshotManager fails with CancellationException if previous snapshot fails in per region task
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:07:13 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7651?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13562107#comment-13562107
] 

Jonathan Hsieh edited comment on HBASE-7651 at 1/24/13 11:05 PM:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

pe-snapshots.sh was the line right below it:

{code}
echo "(1..$SSCOUNT).map {|x| snapshot 'TestTable', 'pe-'+x.to_s}" | hbase shell
{code}

list_snapshots lists the names of the snapshots that matche the regex -- so we try to take
SSCOUNT=30 snapshots call pe-1, pe-2...pe-30, and then list all that match pe-*.   This fails
only if there are not snapshots.  In the logs we'd see the first log from the description
and then all others would fail with essentially the second log in the description.
                
      was (Author: jmhsieh):
    pe-snapshots.sh was the line right below it:

echo "(1..$SSCOUNT).map {|x| snapshot 'TestTable', 'pe-'+x.to_s}" | hbase shell

list_snapshots lists the names of the snapshots that matche the regex -- so we try to take
SSCOUNT=30 snapshots call pe-1, pe-2...pe-30, and then list all that match pe-*.   This fails
only if there are not snapshots.  In the logs we'd see the first log from the description
and then all others would fail with essentially the second log in the description.
                  
> RegionServerSnapshotManager fails with CancellationException if previous snapshot fails
in per region task
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-7651
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7651
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: snapshots
>    Affects Versions: hbase-7290
>            Reporter: Jonathan Hsieh
>            Assignee: Jonathan Hsieh
>            Priority: Blocker
>         Attachments: hbase-7651.patch
>
>
> I've reproduced this problem consistently on a 20 node cluster.
> The first run fails on a node (jon-snaphots-2 in this case) to take snapshot due to a
NotServingRegionException (this is acceptable)
> {code}
> 2013-01-23 13:32:48,631 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignExceptionDispatcher:
 accepting received exception
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable via jon-snapshots-2.ent.cloudera.com,22101,1358976524369:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: TestTable,0002493652,1358976652443.b858147ad87a7812ac9a73dd8fef36ad.
is closing
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException.deserialize(ForeignException.java:184)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs.abort(ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs.java:240)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs$1.nodeCreated(ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs.java:182)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.process(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:294)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:519)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:495)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
TestTable,0002493652,1358976652443.b858147ad87a7812ac9a73dd8fef36ad. is closing
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.snapshot.RegionServerSnapshotManager$SnapshotSubprocedurePool.waitForOutstandingTasks(RegionServerSnapshotManager.java:343)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.snapshot.FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.flushSnapshot(FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.java:107)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.snapshot.FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.insideBarrier(FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.java:123)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:181)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:52)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> 2013-01-23 13:32:48,631 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignExceptionDispatcher:
 Recieved error, notifying listeners...
> 2013-01-23 13:32:48,730 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure: Procedure
'pe-6' execution failed!
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable via jon-snapshots-2.ent.cloudera.com,22101,1358976524369:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: TestTable,0002493652,1358976652443.b858147ad87a7812ac9a73dd8fef36ad.
is closing
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignExceptionDispatcher.rethrowException(ForeignExceptionDispatcher.java:84)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.waitForLatch(Procedure.java:357)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.call(Procedure.java:203)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.call(Procedure.java:68)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
TestTable,0002493652,1358976652443.b858147ad87a7812ac9a73dd8fef36ad. is closing
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.snapshot.RegionServerSnapshotManager$SnapshotSubprocedurePool.waitForOutstandingTasks(RegionServerSnapshotManager.java:343)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.snapshot.FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.flushSnapshot(FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.java:107)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.snapshot.FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.insideBarrier(FlushSnapshotSubprocedure.java:123)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:181)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:52)
>         ... 5 more
> {code}
> Subsequent snapshot attempts that require jon-snapshot-2 to participate fail like this:
> {code}
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable via jon-snapshots-2.ent.cloudera.com,22101,1358976524369:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable:
java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException.deserialize(ForeignException.java:184)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs.abort(ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs.java:240)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs$1.nodeCreated(ZKProcedureCoordinatorRpcs.java:182)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWatcher.process(ZooKeeperWatcher.java:294)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:519)
>         at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:495)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable: java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.cancel(Subprocedure.java:270)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:202)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:52)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> 2013-01-23 13:32:59,557 DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignExceptionDispatcher:
 Recieved error, notifying listeners...
> 2013-01-23 13:32:59,810 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure: Procedure
'pe-7' execution failed!
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable via jon-snapshots-2.ent.cloudera.com,22101,1358976524369:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable:
java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignExceptionDispatcher.rethrowException(ForeignExceptionDispatcher.java:84)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.waitForLatch(Procedure.java:357)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.call(Procedure.java:203)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Procedure.call(Procedure.java:68)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.errorhandling.ForeignException$ProxyThrowable: java.util.concurrent.CancellationException
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.cancel(Subprocedure.java:270)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:202)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.procedure.Subprocedure.call(Subprocedure.java:52)
>         ... 5 more
> {code}

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message