hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ted Yu (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-4168) A client continues to try and connect to a powered down regionserver
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 02:44:27 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4168?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13081383#comment-13081383
] 

Ted Yu commented on HBASE-4168:
-------------------------------

I think reconnecting to the META makes sense.

Can you add 'cause != null && ' to the above line and show us what IOException was
thrown ?

Thanks

> A client continues to try and connect to a powered down regionserver
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-4168
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4168
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Anirudh Todi
>            Assignee: Anirudh Todi
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: HBASE-4168(2).patch, HBASE-4168-revised.patch, HBASE-4168.patch,
hbase-hadoop-master-msgstore232.snc4.facebook.com.log
>
>
> Experiment-1
> Started a dev cluster - META is on the same regionserver as my key-value. I kill the
regionserver process but donot power down the machine.
> The META is able to migrate to a new regionserver and the regions are also able to reopen
elsewhere.
> The client is able to talk to the META and find the new kv location and get it.
> Experiment-2
> Started a dev cluster - META is on a different regionserver as my key-value. I kill the
regionserver process but donot power down the machine.
> The META remains where it is and the regions are also able to reopen elsewhere.
> The client is able to talk to the META and find the new kv location and get it.
> Experiment-3
> Started a dev cluster - META is on a different regionserver as my key-value. I power
down the machine hosting this regionserver.
> The META remains where it is and the regions are also able to reopen elsewhere.
> The client is able to talk to the META and find the new kv location and get it.
> Experiment-4 (This is the problematic one)
> Started a dev cluster - META is on the same regionserver as my key-value. I power down
the machine hosting this regionserver.
> The META is able to migrate to a new regionserver - however - it takes a really long
time (~30 minutes)
> The regions on that regionserver DONOT reopen (I waited for 1 hour)
> The client is able to find the new location of the META, however, the META keeps redirecting
the client to powered down
> regionserver as the location of the key-value it is trying to get. Thus the client's
get is unsuccessful.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message