hbase-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hudson (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HBASE-4168) A client continues to try and connect to a powered down regionserver
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 01:41:27 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4168?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13082851#comment-13082851
] 

Hudson commented on HBASE-4168:
-------------------------------

Integrated in HBase-TRUNK #2108 (See [https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-TRUNK/2108/])
    HBASE-4168 A client continues to try and connect to a powered down regionserver

stack : 
Files : 
* /hbase/trunk/CHANGES.txt
* /hbase/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/catalog/CatalogTracker.java


> A client continues to try and connect to a powered down regionserver
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-4168
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4168
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Bug
>            Reporter: Anirudh Todi
>            Assignee: Anirudh Todi
>            Priority: Critical
>             Fix For: 0.90.5
>
>         Attachments: HBASE-4168(2).patch, HBASE-4168(3).patch, HBASE-4168(4).patch, HBASE-4168(5).patch,
HBASE-4168(6).patch, HBASE-4168(7).patch, HBASE-4168-revised.patch, HBASE-4168.patch, hbase-hadoop-master-msgstore232.snc4.facebook.com.log
>
>
> Experiment-1
> Started a dev cluster - META is on the same regionserver as my key-value. I kill the
regionserver process but donot power down the machine.
> The META is able to migrate to a new regionserver and the regions are also able to reopen
elsewhere.
> The client is able to talk to the META and find the new kv location and get it.
> Experiment-2
> Started a dev cluster - META is on a different regionserver as my key-value. I kill the
regionserver process but donot power down the machine.
> The META remains where it is and the regions are also able to reopen elsewhere.
> The client is able to talk to the META and find the new kv location and get it.
> Experiment-3
> Started a dev cluster - META is on a different regionserver as my key-value. I power
down the machine hosting this regionserver.
> The META remains where it is and the regions are also able to reopen elsewhere.
> The client is able to talk to the META and find the new kv location and get it.
> Experiment-4 (This is the problematic one)
> Started a dev cluster - META is on the same regionserver as my key-value. I power down
the machine hosting this regionserver.
> The META is able to migrate to a new regionserver - however - it takes a really long
time (~30 minutes)
> The regions on that regionserver DONOT reopen (I waited for 1 hour)
> The client is able to find the new location of the META, however, the META keeps redirecting
the client to powered down
> regionserver as the location of the key-value it is trying to get. Thus the client's
get is unsuccessful.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message