hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for hbase-thirdparty 3.4.0 is available for download
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:05:46 GMT
+1 (binding)

Everything with 3.4.0 looks fine to me. I used the staged artifacts at
the URL which Viraj corrected. A couple of non-blocking issues.

* NOTICE needs updating (2018 year)
* hbase-thirdparty build fails w/o a `clean` (see below)
* TestRESTApiClusterManager failed in the hbase build, looking for
non-shaded jersey. Not a blocker for this release (also below)

```
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:3.2.4:shade (default) on
project hbase-shaded-jetty: Error creating shaded jar: duplicate entry:
META-INF/services/org.apache.hbase.thirdparty.org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpFieldPreEncoder
-> [Help 1]
```

```
[ERROR] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
0.308 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestRESTApiClusterManager
[ERROR]
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestRESTApiClusterManager.isRunningPositive
Time elapsed: 0.165 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyClientBuilder
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestRESTApiClusterManager.before(TestRESTApiClusterManager.java:63)
org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyClientBuilder
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestRESTApiClusterManager.before(TestRESTApiClusterManager.java:63)
```

I'll try to help out fixing these.