hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Documenting how to do cluster operations when things have gone wrong
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2019 04:40:04 GMT
Hi folks!

I've had to work through the steps to do various cluster operations in
the face of a table with a couple of million mob hfiles enough times
lately that I took the time to write down both a) how to stand up an
approximation elsewhere to get reproduction and timing information,
and b) examples of step-by-step with how to track how things are
going.

To be clear, it's still a draft. It's also currently markdown. If it
helps to see the specifics of what I'm talking about, it's here:

https://gist.github.com/busbey/5ff88e31705e52a392392b4fb2eadac2

I'd like to get this kind of stuff folded into our community docs
somewhere. But I'm not sure where something like this would fit. I
don't think it works for the current one-ref-guide-to-rule-them-all.

What do y'all think?