hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving towards a branch-2 line that can get the 'stable' pointer.
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 23:44:14 GMT
HBASE-21745 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-21745>, the issue
addressing gaps between hbck1 and hbck2 was closed a few days back after a
bunch of work by a kaleidoscope of folks. The release notes section tries
to describe what was added by HBASE-21745. Shout if you think the claim at
the end of the release notes section that hbck2 now is on par or beyond
what hbck1 offered is problematic. Otherwise, will proceed as though it is
the case.

Suggestion: Given that hbase 2.2.1 will ship soon and hbase-operator-tools
1.0.0 with latest hbase-hbck2 should get an RC inside the next week or so,
if feedback that 2.2.1 looks good, give 2.2.2 (with bug fixes only) the
stable pointer?

Thanks,