hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving the stable pointer forward
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:55:23 GMT
In a recent discussion regarding hbck parity between branches 1 and 2, Stack also proposed
moving the stable pointer forward to 2.2. Raising this as a separate point of discussion because
I think it is time.

What do others think?

What is the in production experience with 2.2? Can anyone offer testimonial?

If more need be done, what is the consensus criteria for moving the stable pointer forward?

Also, I think we should add another stable pointer, like “stable-1”, to point at 1.4.11
after it is released. To be updated to 1.5.0 after it is released (I promise a renewed push
when back from vacation next week) and after we confirm it stable under load where I work
(at least) and under long term ITBLL stress.  I mention this to get it out of the way. The
state of branch-1 should be mostly orthogonal to this discussion. It’s time to declare HBase
2 stable and move the pointer forward to acknowledge this.