hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Zach York <zyork.contribut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Considering immediate EOL of branch-1.3 and branch-1.4 (was: Re: HBASE-22728 consequences)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2019 19:10:50 GMT
I'm fine with eventually EOLing 1.3 and 1.4, but I don't think we can do it
until we know 1.5.0 is for sure coming out within a reasonable time and
will be stable (the current stable pointer is 1.4.10 so what would we move
that to?).

I'm always a fan of reducing maintenance burden, but let's hold off on
officially EOLing until we know users have something to move to.