hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Zach York <zyork.contribut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What to do with branches for EOL versions
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:16:27 GMT
I agree that deleting EOM branches is the best approach (with tags).
Having a branch for an EOM line doesn't make sense since a branch signifies
(and/or promotes) active development.
Having a tag signifies that this line is static and is a point-in-time
pointer to the branch. In the worst case scenario,
we can still create a branch off of the tag if we want to 'revive' the
branch.

This also simplifies life for committers as it will be easier to know which
branches are 'active' since those will be the only
branches that exist.