hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] What versions should be mentioned in CHANGES.md/RELEASENOTES.md per release?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 04:58:03 GMT
On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 9:08 AM Andrew Purtell <andrew.purtell@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ...How big would a Yetus generated release notes file be if it includes
> changes all the way back to HBASE-1?

RELEASENOTES.md in branch-2.0 is almost 500k.
CHANGES.md is coming up on a megabyte.

HBase 2.0 branch has the yetus generated stuff for each minor release since
2.0.0. The tail of the CHANGES.md has 1.0.0 release notes and older
(02/20/2015); i.e. 1.0.0 changes + all that made 2.0.0.

RELEASENOTES.md is new to 2.0.0.