hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Publishing hbase binaries with different hadoop release lines
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 13:06:09 GMT
What about moving back to having a per-major-version-of-hadoop
compatibility module again that builds against one needed major version all
the time? (Presumably with some shell script magic to pick the right one?)
that would be preferable imho to e.g. producing main project binary
tarballs per Hadoop version.

Or! We could move stuff that relies on brittle Hadoop internals into its
own repo (or one of our existing repos) and build _that_ with binaries for
our supported Hadoop versions. Then in the main project we can include the
appropriate artifact for the version of Hadoop we happen to build with
(essentially leaving the main repo how it is) and update our "replace the
version of Hadoop!" note to including replacing this "HBase stuff that's
closely tied to Hadoop internals" jar as well.