hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Reminder: please use 'rebase' or 'squash' when accepting PRs via github
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:38:07 GMT
Yes. either of the bottom two there would be fine, depending on the PR.

If it's all for a single JIRA, I'd personally prefer the middle
"Squash and merge" option with an appropriately re-written commit
message.

If the PR is covering 3 JIRAs together for some reason, then the last
option there, "rebase and merge" is what I'd personally prefer.

/me shakes fist at overloaded use of "merge" to mean "merge commit"
and "accept this PR".