hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Assign new users to Jira issues
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:31:44 GMT
Should be all set now. If you go to this page:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/HBASE/roles

There's a link for "Add users to a role" and you can search for any
jira user and add them to the role "Contributors 1"

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:01 AM Jan Hentschel
<jan.hentschel@ultratendency.com> wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> I’m fine with it. Thanks for your help.
>
> Best, Jan
>
> From: Sean Busbey <busbey@apache.org>
> Date: Monday, April 15, 2019 at 5:37 PM
> To: dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Assign new users to Jira issues
>
> Hi Jan!
>
> They need to be added to the "contributors 1" role in the jira
> project. Anyone with the administrator role in the project can do it.
> By default we add PMC members to that group, but it's open to
> basically anyone who wants to do the work.
>
> You fine with being added to the admin group? If so please make sure
> you have a good password  (complexity, not reused, etc).
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:53 AM Jan Hentschel
> <jan.hentschel@ultratendency.com<mailto:jan.hentschel@ultratendency.com>>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one of my colleagues wants to start contributing to HBase. How can I assign him to an
issue (or how can he do it)? I was looking for his Jira handle, but wasn’t able to find
it. I can see his handle when commenting on an issue, but I’m not able to assign an issue
to him.