hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [NOTICE] Hadoop project discussing EOL for Hadoop 2.7
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:33:35 GMT
heads up that the Apache Hadoop project is discussing marking their 2.7
release line as EOL:

https://s.apache.org/Nm83

Hadoop 2.7.1+ is the most recent Hadoop release line to get the "(y)"
marker in our Hadoop matrix for HBase branches-1. It's also the earliest
Hadoop release line to get the same for our HBase branches-2.

If folks want to weigh in on that discussion, now's the time. What, if
anything, do we as a community want to do to prepare for when it eventually
happens?