hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.4 is available
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2018 16:44:52 GMT
The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.4 is available for download:

 *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/>*

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1246

Artifacts are signed with my key (DB9D313DA7874F29) published in our
KEYS file at http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The RC corresponds to the signed tag 2.0.4RC1, which currently points
to commit

  205e39c5704bf38568b34926dde9f1ee76e6b5d0

HBase 2.0.4 is the fourth maintenance release in the HBase 2.0 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to
the Hadoop and NoSQL communities. It fixes a critical issue found
in the recent 2.0.3 and 2.1.1 releases (only), HBASE-21551. 2.0.4
includes ~31 bug and improvement fixes done since the 2.0.3,
~ a month ago.

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 2.0.3 has been
published for your review, at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/compatibility_report_2.0.3vs2.0.4.html

The report shows no incompatibilities.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available in
the CHANGES.md that ships as part of the release also available
here:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/CHANGES.md

The RELEASENOTES.md are here:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.4RC1/RELEASENOTES.md

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should
release these artifacts as HBase 2.0.4.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours. It'll probably take longer
given
its the holidays. I'll close the vote when sufficient votes after Tuesday,
January
1st, 2019.

Thanks,