hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Zach York <zyork.contribut...@gmail.com>
Subject Site build depends on hbase-annotation:test jar
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 00:15:56 GMT
Hey All,

I was recently trying to build a HBase RC using Apache Bigtop (In my setup
it's easier to have it build with bigtop to test on cluster) and I ran into
a rather curious error. The build was failing because it was trying to
download the hbase-annotations:test jar from maven central instead of
locally. This is only an issue when building with Bigtop or building with
the site option (mvn install site). I did a bit of research and it seems
like it is due to the fact that maven executes both goals in order for each
module instead of completely executing one goal before the other. Obviously
I can remove the site option from the build command, but that causes a
whole bunch of other errors since the spec files expect the docs to be
present.

So my question is whether we can improve this or is the best I can do to
run the install and site as two separate commands? What does site need from
the annotations test jar?

I understand that this is a bit of an edge case, but since it is used by
Apache Bigtop, it would be nice to improve it.

Thanks,
Zach