hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing hadoop check versions in our hbase-personality?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2018 01:50:03 GMT
Has the Hadoop PMC put out a public notice on the impact of that CVE yet?
Specifically have they stated what versions are vulnerable? Are we flagging
all versions impacted by it as "HBase says keep away"?

Is there some reason this particular CVE especially impacts users of HBase?
I presume not since we're talking about this on dev@ and in JIRA instead of
on private@.

Why are we reacting to this CVE when we don't seem to react to any other
Hadoop CVEs? Or is this the start of a change wrt that?

What about other dependencies with open CVEs?