hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.1.1 Release Plans?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2018 15:19:38 GMT
Thanks for pointing me to that discussion, Duo. I've updated HBASE-19121 to
have fix version 2.1.1 and 2.0.3 so that it is easier (at least for me) to
find via Jira.

I'll start looking at the hbck2 patches and will leave comments there.

There are a lot of subtasks against that issue, it is unclear to me which
ones are critical and which ones are not for a release.

Since hbck2 tool is in a different repo, have we thought about what the
release actions would look like? Do we need to have two votes going at the
same time? Can we release core repo with an hbck service in master, but
release the hbck tool sometime later? This first release is going to be
more complex I think; would be good if somebody can figure that out in
parallel so we're not blocked on it later.

Mike