hbase-dev mailing list archives

From "Clay Baenziger (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <cbaenzi...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: HBase 2.x getRegionServerServices for Client IPAddress Access
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 21:36:58 GMT
Hi Josh,

Erg, I see all my MUA stripped my in-line links from the original mail; sorry for the lack
of context.

Yes, the RpcServer API is intact. But I don't see how to get access to an RpcServer object
from a coprocessor now?

Previously, I would have done on my coprocessor's environment object getRegionServerSerivces():
({https://hbase.apache.org/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.html#getRegionServerServices--})

But now that API call has gone away:({https://hbase.apache.org/devapidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.html})?

Sorry if I'm being dense but I don't see a way to get access outside the scope of the coprocessor
to get the handler thread's RPC without getRegionServerServices()?

-Clay

From: dev@hbase.apache.org At: 09/21/18 17:25:49To:  dev@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: HBase 2.x getRegionServerServices for Client IPAddress Access

Hey Clay!

Looking at branch-2.0, I am seeing RpcServer#getRemoteAddress() or
RpcServer#getRemoteIp() which are static calls that you should be able
to execute in the Master or RegionServer (when running in the context of
an Rpc handler thread, that is.

On 9/21/18 11:12 AM, Clay Baenziger (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing around trying to add client location based ACL controls. (Akin to the
GRANT user@<network specifier> type of access one has in MySQL, et. al.) My nascent
work has been on HBase 1.x but I missed that getRegionServerSerivces went away in 2.x[1].
Is there a way to now get to the RpcServer for a getRemoteIp() call from e.g. AccessController
now that anyone can think of or should I propose adding a get remoteIp() method for the coprocessor
environments?