hbase-dev mailing list archives

From 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is HBaseTestingUtility part of public API?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 02:18:02 GMT
We also use HBTU to write UTs in our own code. But I agree that HBTU should
not be public, instead, we can make MiniHBaseCluster public.

And maybe introduce a new scope of IA.LimitedPrivate, let's call it
'TESTING', which indicates that these classes are only used to write UTs,
do not use it in production, and we can mark it as IS.Evolving so that we
could break the API between minor releases. I think this is OK as it is
only supposed to be used by UTs?

Thanks.