hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] The second hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 Release Candidate is available for download
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 03:43:28 GMT
The second release candidate for HBase 2.0.0-beta-1 is up at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.0.0-beta-1-RC1/

Maven artifacts are available from a staging directory here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1190

All was signed with my key at 8ACC93D2 [1]

I tagged the RC as 2.0.0-beta-1-RC1.5 (It took a few attempts) at
hash 4c31374a90a487e19a6ef04d7b7adba43dd92ecf

This second RC has fix nice bug fixes over RC0 including fix for failing
and flakey tests.

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 is our first beta release. It includes all that was in
previous alphas (new assignment manager, offheap read/write path, in-memory
compactions, etc.). The APIs and feature-set are sealed.

hbase-2.0.0-beta-1 is a not-for-production preview of hbase-2.0.0. It is
meant for devs and downstreamers to test drive and flag us if we messed up
on anything ahead of our rolling GAs. We are particular interested in
hearing from Coprocessor developers.

The list of features addressed in 2.0.0 so far can be found here [3]. There
are thousands. The list of ~2k+ fixes in 2.0.0 exclusively can be found
here [4] (My JIRA JQL foo is a bit dodgy -- forgive me if mistakes).

I've updated our overview doc. on the state of 2.0.0 [6]. We'll do one more
beta before we put up our first 2.0.0 Release Candidate by the end of
January, 2.0.0-beta-2. Its focus will be making it so users can do a
rolling upgrade on to hbase-2.x from hbase-1.x (and any bug fixes found
running beta-1). Here is the list of what we have targeted so far for
beta-2 [5]. Check it out.

One known issue is that the User API has not been properly filtered so it
shows more than just InterfaceAudience Public content (HBASE-19663, to be
fixed by beta-2).

Please take this beta for a spin. Please vote on whether it ok to put out
this RC as our first beta (Note CHANGES has not yet been updated). Let the
VOTE be open for 72 hours (Wednesday evening)

Thanks,
Your 2.0.0 Release Manager

1. http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9816C7FC8ACC93D2
3. https://goo.gl/scYjJr