hbase-dev mailing list archives

From stack <saint....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Default configurations in hbase-2.0.0 hbase-default.xml
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2017 05:14:35 GMT
On Dec 23, 2017 4:47 PM, "Sean Busbey" <busbey@apache.org> wrote:

Is the source content clearly licensed in a compatible way?

If not, please someone file a request with the original author for a
suitable donation to the project. We can't copy docs any more than we can
copy code.

You have a point Sean. No licensing that I could see on site so wrote Romil
(CCD here).

Thanks,

On Dec 22, 2017 12:51, "Misty Stanley-Jones" <misty@apache.org> wrote:

Please file a doc bug linking to the content. Maybe mark newbie. :)

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 11:07 AM Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Mike Drob <mdrob@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I'm not super comfortable with that...
> >
> > If it has a spotty record like you suggest, then I don't want to be
> ironing
> > out issues with it so close to beta/release. There's already enough to
> iron
> > out and we're so close to the end that I don't want to risk
destabilizing
> > at this point...
> >

> Fair point. Let me undo it.
>
> I just came across this nice doc on region normalizer [1] by our brother
> Romil Choksi (Can we get this added to the refguide? I could copy/paste it
> if folks don't mind). Reading it, it seems like it is easy doing an enable
> and a one-off run so it is a low-barrier trying it. We need to talk this
> tool up when folks are in situation where they have ill-filled regions and
> want to merge adjacents. Meantime, try it a few times ...

> 1.
>
> https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/54987/hbase-
region-normalizer.html