hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject branch-1 policy for builds against Hadoop 3.0.0
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 20:43:42 GMT
Does anyone view compilation problems against Hadoop 3.0.0 in branch-1 as a
release blocker? See HBASE-19421.

In my view
​, use of Hadoop 3 with branch-1 HBase is not something we are going to
recommend for production use for some time, and Hadoop 3.0.0 is not even GA
yet. (I know it may be close.) Therefore, builds that work with it are nice
to have, but not essential. Compilation problems found for e.g. 1.4.0 can
be fixed for subsequent release 1.4.1.

​Please speak up if you disagree.  Let's discuss this before we have a RC
vote where it may come up.

--
Best regards,
Andrew