hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The second HBase 1.4.0 release candidate (RC1) is available
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 01:50:08 GMT
Here are results from a YCSB comparison between 1.2.6 and 1.4.0 RC1:

https://bigdatasf.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/ycsb_1.2.6_to_1.4.0RC1.png
https://bigdatasf.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/ycsb_1.2.6_to_1.4.0RC1.xlsx

[image: Inline image 1]

They are pretty closely matched but generally 1.4.0 RC1 shows superior
results.

[R] and [W] mean different things depending on YCSB workload. They will be
obvious except for Workload F, where [R] is READ and [W] is UPDATE. I
didn't include numbers for READ-MODIFY-WRITE.

Cluster: 1 master, 5 regionservers, 1 client
AWS Instance Type: c3.4xlarge
Hadoop: 2.7.4
OS: Amazon Linux AMI 2017.09, kernel 4.4.51-40.58.amzn1.x86_64

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands