hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hadoop 2.7.4 backport?
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2017 22:04:29 GMT
As the RM for the 1.2 line, I would not want to change the default Hadoop
version in a maintenance release.

We should do a better job of both a) documenting the default and b)
providing better instructions on recompiling with a different version.

Any opinions on if we should start providing shaded client with different
Hadoop minor versions? Since we keep the Hadoop API exposed in the jar I
could see the utility.