hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 14:05:11 GMT
surefire results get zipped up (we were filling the jenkins hosts with
old test logs previously) and stored in a file called "test_logs.zip"
for each jvm run. So if that happend in the jdk7 run for branch-1.2,
it'd be in artifacts -> output-jdk7 -> test_logs.zip.

I don't know if the archival process grabs things from surefire that
aren't the surefire XML files, but we can update it to do so if it
doesn't.

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> I see this in the 1.2 nightly just when it gives up the ghost....
>
> [WARNING] Corrupted STDOUT by directly writing to native stream in
> forked JVM 2. See FAQ web page and the dump file
> /testptch/hbase/hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/2017-11-06T20-11-30_219-jvmRun2.dumpstream
>
> .. but the pointed to dumpstream doesn't seem to be around post build.
> I am looking in wrong place?
>

> Thanks,

> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Sean Busbey <sean.busbey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Given that all of the old post-commit tests have been posting that
>>> they're failing to JIRAs for what looks like a month, is there any
>>> reason not to switch to the new tests that also say they're failing?
>>>

>> No reason.
>>

>>> The reason HBASE-18467 has been sitting on hold this whole time has
>>> been because the new nightly branch tests keep complaining about
>>> failures.
>>>

>> Looking just now, it looks like killed-off test runs.
>>
>> +1 on move to nightlies.
>>
>> Can I help?
>>
>> Should I be able to see the machine dir when I look at nightlies output?
>> (Was trying to see what else is running).
>>
>> Thanks Sean,
>> St.Ack

>>> miracle
>>> 1.3,

>>> about

>>> have

Here
>>> are

>>> in last
:)

>>> appy@cloudera.com>

>>> not
>>> for
HBASE-18341
>>> dicts)
>>> some

broken. Please make
>>> sure
later.

so
>>> hbase-checkstyle
snapshot). Seems to

<stack@duboce.net>

... the hbase

Stack <stack@duboce.net>

PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net>

broke on our builds... looking.

course)

goal org.apache.maven.plugins:
(default-cli) on
>>> project
failed: Plugin
>>> one of
not find artifact
>>> Nexus (
-> [Help 1][ERROR]
Maven with the -e
full debug
errors and possible
[Help 1]
is TRUE
zombie detector script
--jenkins ${BUILD_ID}
/tmp/hudson1697041977582083402
>>> .sh
--jenkins 3320
2017 We're ok: there is no
>>> zombie test

2:43 PM, Sean Busbey <

ago. I'd guess that something
>>> changed
stop working.

at 12:02 PM, Stack <
>>> stack@duboce.net>

2017 at 8:43 AM, Josh Elser <

7:20 PM, Stack wrote:

> [...]
whitespace plugin can configured to
think of any we'd care to so whitelist)

files.

yes, please. This has been such a
>>> pain
rebasing space quota patches.
>>> Sometimes, the
code are removed by folks before commit,
>>> other

a distraction at least.

here now:
>>> HBase-Trunk_matrix/jdk=JDK%