hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Yu Li <car...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 1.4.0 update
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2017 13:05:54 GMT
Great to know, really good progress!

It seems we don't do performance comparison with current stable release
when releasing the first RC of a new branch, but should we do to avoid
issues like HBASE-14460 (write performance regression from 0.98 to 1.1)?
This is a must-have for us to decide new version for product env here, and
I wonder whether this applies for most users (please forgive my ignorance
if there's any existing policy for this). Thanks.

bq. Back when we first discussed branching for 1.4 Yu Li asked for this...
Thanks for remembering this and keeping the promise boss (smile).

Best Regards,
Yu