hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Misty Stanley-Jones <mi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Items to purge from branch-2 before we cut hbase-2.0.0-beta1.
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 05:17:29 GMT
For what it’s worth, I tried to help doc this feature near the start of my
time working on hbase  multiple years ago and got no reply or feedback from
the devs. There are existing JIRAs. Since there was no information, I wrote
the existing docs to give operators and admins *some* path forward for some
way to sleep at night with no other way to back up and restore their vital
data. IMO there is no way this audience can consume the feature, even in
beta, without any docs. Unless it’s so easy to use it just somehow works.