hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject DISCUSSION: Minimum hbase1 version from which you can upgrade to hbase2 (1.2.x?)
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 00:30:06 GMT
Over in the adjacent "[DISCUSS] hbase-2.0.0 compatibility expectations"
thread, we chatted some on what would be the minimum hbase-1.x version from
which you can upgrade to hbase-2.

The last statement made on this topic by Sean was that only upgrades from
1.2.x, our current stable offering, or later should be supported.

There was no dissent.

We all good w/ this? Speak up if you disagree else 1.2.x becomes the
'official' minimum.

+ We need to agree on a minimum so we know what migrations to test.
+ It might be possible to upgrade from versions before 1.2.x but we (or at
least I -- smile) won't have tried it or run verifications to ensure all
made it over (let us know if you successfully migrate from a baseline that
precedes 1.2).
+ Hopefully we can avoid requiring Users move to the latest on the 1.2
branch. This shouldn't be necessary doing a stop/start upgrade. It might be
needed doing a rolling upgrade. Lets see.