hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Testing and CI -- Apache Jenkins Builds (WAS -> Re: Testing)
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 05:39:56 GMT
I see this in the 1.2 nightly just when it gives up the ghost....

[WARNING] Corrupted STDOUT by directly writing to native stream in
forked JVM 2. See FAQ web page and the dump file
/testptch/hbase/hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/2017-11-06T20-11-30_219-jvmRun2.dumpstream

.. but the pointed to dumpstream doesn't seem to be around post build.
I am looking in wrong place?

Thanks,

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Sean Busbey <sean.busbey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Given that all of the old post-commit tests have been posting that
>> they're failing to JIRAs for what looks like a month, is there any
>> reason not to switch to the new tests that also say they're failing?
>>

> No reason.
>

>> The reason HBASE-18467 has been sitting on hold this whole time has
>> been because the new nightly branch tests keep complaining about
>> failures.
>>

> Looking just now, it looks like killed-off test runs.
>
> +1 on move to nightlies.
>
> Can I help?
>
> Should I be able to see the machine dir when I look at nightlies output?
> (Was trying to see what else is running).
>
> Thanks Sean,
> St.Ack
>

>> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Sean Busbey <sean.busbey@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It looks like old tests branch-1.2 and branch-1.3 are failing with
>> > some maven enforcer problem that we thought we had fixed a few times
>> > before. It's probably fixable by changing the version of maven they
>> > use, but I'd much rather any test effort go into the last mile of
>> > getting our new nightly tests working.
>> >
>> > I'll start picking this up as soon as I close out HBASE-18784.
>> >
>> > Please consider branch-1.2 release blocked. :(

>> miracle
>> 1.3,

>> about

>> have

> [...]