hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Rodionov <vladrodio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Items to purge from branch-2 before we cut hbase-2.0.0-beta1.
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 22:33:38 GMT
>> HBASE-19106 at least is a fundamental

This new feature was requested 9 days ago (between alpha 3 and alpha 4
releases) It has never been on a list of features we has agreed to
implement for 2.0 release.
When backup started almost 2 years ago, we described what features and
capabilities will be implemented. We have had a discussions before and I do
not remember any
complaints from community that we lack important functionalities

You can not point to it as a blocker for 2.0 release, Stack.

Testing at scale (lack of) - the only real issue I see in B&R now. The
question: can it justify your willingness to postpone feature till  next
2.x release, Stack?

All blockers are resolved, including pending HBASE-17852 patch. All
functionality for 2.0  has been implemented.   Scalability and performance
improvements patch is in working
and expected to be ready next week. In any case, this is improvement - not
a new feature.

We have been testing B&R in our internal QA clusters for months. Others
(SF) have done testing as well. I am pretty confident in implementation.