hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fix version maintenance for 1.4.0
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 18:37:40 GMT
Related, on HBASE-18996 Peter said:

the fix version is not correct. It should include 1.5 too. Did you remove
that on purpose?

and my response:

Yes, I removed 1.5.0 for anything that is going out in 1.4.0. Fix versions
in HBase have historically meant the same thing as in Hadoop, which is "in
this release and any later". That said, I'm only touching fix versions for
branch-1. I won't presume to mess with fix version accounting for branch-2.
We have another RM tending to that.
​At this point branch-1 (1.5.0) == branch-1.4 ​(1.4.0) so having both in
fixversions would be fine but redundant, and a future RM would have some
work to do. As things stood, they were horribly inconsistent, with many
1.5.0 fixversions missing.

--
Best regards,
Andrew