hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Release 1.4.0 update
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:30:52 GMT
The march to 1.4.0 is progressing.

I've run the unit test suite on a C4 class AWS instance 25 times and there
are no failures. This is ongoing. I'm aiming for 100 runs.

Fix versions are now set up for constructing a reasonable change log.

With HBASE-19232 applied a build with release audits enabled will pass.

I backported error-prone support yesterday and will now look at checkstyle
and error-prone analyses for important issues.

I'll probably do HBASE-19238 before 1.4.0 goes out so that neat utility
will be available.

Back when we first discussed branching for 1.4 Yu Li asked for this:

> One naive question here: from the book
> <http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.versioning> we will add
> functionality (in a backwards-compatible manner) in minor versions, but it
> seems we don't have any one-line description on the differences (what
> main functionalities have been added) between branch-1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 so
> user could better decide which version to choose/upgrade. Should we
> add some explicit document on this? Or release note of the first release
> for each branch is enough? Thanks.

and I still agree to do it. I'll write it up while the RC is under
evaluation.

ITBLL and replication testing to be performed on a small cluster once we
have the RC binaries.

Anything else? (Within reason...)

--
Best regards,