hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Eshcar Hillel <esh...@oath.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] Performance degradation in master (compared to 2-alpha-1)
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2017 15:35:22 GMT
Happy Thanksgiving all,
In recent benchmarks I ran in HBASE-18294 I discovered major performance degradation of master
code w.r.t 2-alpha-1 code.I am running write-only workload (similar to the one reported in
HBASE-16417). I am using the same hardware and same configuration settings (specifically,
I testes both basic memstore compaction with optimal parameters, and no memsore compaction).While
in 2-alpha-1 code I see throughput of ~110Kops for basic compaction and ~80Kops for no compaction,
in the master code I get only 60Kops and 55Kops, respectively. *This is almost 50% reduction
in performance*.
(1) Did anyone else noticed such degradation?(2) Do we have any systematic automatic/semi-automatic
method to track the sources of this performance issue?
Thanks,Eshcar