hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Plan to avoid backup/restore removal from 2.0
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:38:54 GMT
On 11/11/17 5:31 PM, Stack wrote:
>> Don't want to make any assumptions, but I hope the lack of hard objection
>> can be interpreted as (begrudging, perhaps) acceptance of the plan. Let
>> me/us know when possible, please!
>>

> Plan seems fine.
>
> Are you the owner of this feature now Josh or just shepherding it in?

Thanks, Stack.

Good question: should have included that out-right. Vlad, Ted, and
myself had a chat on this last week.

While Vlad is polishing HBASE-17852 and HBASE-17825, I told him I'll
help out with the HBASE-18892 (testing) and the Book update. Was waiting
for some consensus on the testing gdoc before picking that up.

I think Vlad is still the owner, but you could certainly call me a
shepherd. I also answer to "sherpa" ;)