hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Removing the bypass semantic from the Coprocessor APIs
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 01:53:31 GMT
>The Tephra TransactionProcessor CP makes use of bypass() in preDelete() to
This is interesting code to read.     There is a way for doing this
with out bypass.  Make use of the hook preBatchMutate().   This hook
takes MiniBatchOperationInProgress to which we can add some Mutations
generated from CPs.    From Deletes, the Puts can be created and added
( #addOperationsFromCP) .   Also mark the corresponding Delete
mutations as done using #setOperationStatus(int index, OperationStatus
opStatus)  with OperationStatus#SUCCESS..    The core code part will
ignore these Delete mutations then and process those puts, been added
by CPs.

Just a suggestion on how the op can be done with out using the bypass
way.   But the current way is looking simpler. The bypass was of help.

-Anoop-