hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch 1.4 update
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 00:06:15 GMT
Just to be clear my statement was meant to be "I'm looking forward to
seeing rsgroups in a 1.4 release so we can get more feedback on how useful
it is." Realized it could have been read as wanting more feedback prior to
1.4 inclusion.

Cloudera has been shipping the rsgroups feature backported onto cdh5 (which
is branch-1-ish) but I haven't gotten any real feedback on it in production
settings as a result thus far. Also have been personally conservative about
recommending it as a result.