hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Help adding a check for localization edge cases in our current test suites?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 14:57:04 GMT
Hi folks!

This comment from Chia-Ping on HBASE-19020 has me thinking:

> The TestXmlParsing is a flaky test in my jenkins, because the error message from my machine
is in Chinese.

I wonder how many more of our tests rely incorrectly on the
localization settings being set to American English.

Would any of our folks who normally work with a locale that isn't
American English be willing to help me get a test set up (maybe in our
nightly runs?) that tries to catch these kinds of issues?