hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Any committers willing to do maintenance releases over the holidays?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 04:35:23 GMT
Hi folks!

I'm in the process of getting us a 1.2.7-RC, hopefully soon[1]. This
release is badly behind schedule. I'd very much like to get us back on
a regular cadence for our stable release line, with a goal of once a
month. Unfortunately, I'm very unlikely to have time to do release
managing after the 1.2.7 release until spring (luckily it's for
fortunate-to-me reasons).

Despite the delay in schedule on this release, generally doing a
maintenance release is relatively low effort. These kinds of
"substitute RM" situations are a great chance to get familiar with the
process while having a well-defined end point. If there's anyone who'd
like to give it a try by handling things while I'm gone, both I and
I'm sure the project community would be grateful.

To take on this particular task, one must be a committer already (due
to ASF policy). It's a great way to "act like a PMC" for those
committers who'd like to make a long term investment in HBase.

Anyone interested?

-busbey

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-18276